For small particles the A50-Micro from Apogee Flow Systems is in a class of its own. No other machine offers high sensitivity light scatter data (below 150nm) from multiple light scatter detectors allowing the best possible resolution of submicron particles. Serious small particle applications demand the A50-Micro.
- Extreme sensitivity and resolution from multiple light scatter and fluorescence detectors
- Detection limit <100nm, resolution <10nm
- Fast PCIe data acquisition electronics based on the latest Altera™ technology delivers up to 100k events per second
- Up to 3 spatially separated lasers and 12 optical detectors
- Innovative light scatter size calibration module
- Fully automated cleaning cycles
- Fully automated start-up and shutdown
- Autosampler option for labs where throughput and automation are a priority
- Email alerts notify operator of status changes
- Volumetric sample system gives absolute count for every sample
- Fully upgradeable to a 3 laser system with 12 optical detectors plus Autosampler
- Suitable for a wide range of applications (maximum particle size 100µm)
Lactobacillus and Propioni superimposed on polystyrene bead data demonstrating the importance of refractive index considerations. Most bacteria scatter a bit less than 500nm polystyrene beads. Many bacteria scatter less than 300nm polystyrene beads. The forward scatter detector on conventional flow cytometers is limited to particles which scatter more than 500nm beads so has insufficient sensitivity to be of use. Size & light scatter depend on growth conditions. Microbiology applications require the ability to resolve bacteria by light scatter, whatever the growth conditions, and by more than one light scatter detector.