Photon Systems Instruments (PSI) are leading suppliers of professional instruments for plant science,
Biotechnology, and Agriculture – including unique instruments for algae research and industry.
PSI products for algae research and aquaculture include fluorescence and thermoluminescence monitoring devices, as well as a range of equipment for cultivation and production.
Portable Field Devices for algae research: the AquaPens
Handheld, battery-powered devices for laboratory and field applications.
The portable AquaPens allow rapid measurements of chlorophyll fluorescence in suspensions and natural waters.
Additional Fluorescence and Thermoluminescence Systems
- Algal Online Monitor: a portable and robust device for online detection and continuous monitoring of photosynthetic microorganisms
- OnlineFlow Fluorometer: an autonomously operated measuring station for the continuous in situ monitoring of active fluorescence emitted by photosynthetic microorganisms.
- PSI’s Thermoluminescence Systems investigate the structure of energetic levels in the Photosystem II in algal or cyanobacterial suspensions.
- Photobioreactors for the controlled culture of algae or cyanobacteria in suspension and measuring of various experimental parameters (e.g. temperature, fluorescence, pH, O 2 ).
- AlgaeTrons for controlled algae or cyanobacteria in suspension.
- LED Light Sources and cultivation shelves: High-performance light emitting diodes (LEDs) that are easily controllable in timing and intensity, optionally supplied with the Light Controller or Light Studio Software, and shelves with integrated LED systems.